Business Development Manager (PL865)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £31,324 - £34,985 gross per annum
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 27 August
Because like you, we’re dedicated to changing attitudes and changing lives.
About us: We are passionate about helping vulnerable people to reach their full potential. We strive for a fairer society where vulnerable people find stability, the most excluded are included, and where homelessness and poverty are things of the past.
The role: You will help develop and implement Porchlight’s business development strategy by designing new support services for vulnerable people.
To do this, you’ll write high quality bids to get new services commissioned, obtain government grants and apply for trust funding. You will also explore alternative income sources for Porchlight.
You’ll be part of Porchlight’s business development team, and will also work in partnership with commissioners, trusts / foundations, and other external stakeholders.
This role requires:
• A minimum of two-years’ senior level experience working in a business development or statutory/trust funding environment.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification (such as an Institute of Fundraising qualification).
• Ability to demonstrate a significant success rate in securing contracts, grants and meeting target deadlines.
• Experience of developing complex and high-value bids to respond to tenders for commissioned services and grant initiatives.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills (written and verbal) and the confidence to represent and be a spokesperson for the charity.
• Ability to work within and across teams, and establish good working relationships.
• Understanding of the homelessness, mental health, LGBT+, family and supported housing sectors (and the social and economic/financial context in which they operate).
Benefits: As a Porchlight employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits including free life insurance, 25 days holiday per year (increasing to 30 days after five years’ service) and the Porchlight pension scheme.
Porchlight is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact our HR assistant Daniella Sherriff on 01227 760078 (option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.