Coach (for the Kent Homeless Connect Service) PL802
Location: Dover, Folkestone and Hythe
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (to be worked on a rota between 8am and 10.30pm)
Salary: £20,278 - £22,897 gross per annum
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 21 February
Because like you, we’re dedicated to changing attitudes and changing lives.
Porchlight is a charity supporting people who are homeless, vulnerable and isolated. At Porchlight, we are passionate about helping vulnerable people to reach their full potential. We strive for a fairer society where vulnerable people find stability, the most excluded are included, and where homelessness and poverty are things of the past.
You will work with people (aged 18 and above) who are living in Porchlight’s homeless hostels, sleeping rough or at risk of homelessness. You will give them the practical and emotional support needed to overcome the trauma of the streets and rebuild their lives.
This will include support related (but not limited) to mental health and substance misuse, accessing welfare and housing benefits, budgeting, debt management, getting into education and employment, setting up home, and helping people reconnect with others.
This role requires:
- Good communication and people skills
- The ability to work with multiple clients at once
- Experience of working with homeless or vulnerable people (if you don’t have direct experience of this but have skills in a similar field, we would still like to hear from you)
- Experience of working with statutory and voluntary agencies (if you don’t have direct experience of this but have skills in a similar field, we would still like to hear from you)
- A full driving licence and access to a car (subject to the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and Equality Act 2010).
As a member of the Porchlight team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Free life insurance
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing to 30 days after five years’ service)
- Porchlight pension scheme
More information is available in the job description attached.
How to apply: If this sounds likes the opportunity for you, please download the application form below and email your completed form to email@example.com.
Closing date: 9am Thursday 21 February 2019, though we reserve the right to close applications early.
Interviews will be taking place on: 25 and 27 February 2019 in Canterbury.
Porchlight is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact our HR assistant Daniella Sherriff on 01227 760078 (option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.