Safeguarding at Porchlight - how we work
Porchlight recognises that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all those it supports.
We work together to encourage an ethos which embraces diversity and respects the rights of children, young people and adults. We support the right of all to live free from abuse with respect; dignity and equality, believing that all should receive the support they need to reach their full potential and remain safe.
We promote a culture of listening to, and seeking the views of those we support in a way that is appropriate to their age and understanding. This includes taking into account those views in individual decisions and in the establishment or development of services.
We will ensure that:
• The welfare of those we support for will always be paramount
• The rights, wishes and feelings of those we support will be respected and listened to
• We will work with our partner organisations to share information, using the Kent and Medway Information Sharing Agreement as our framework
• All staff, whatever their role, will work in accordance with the interests of all those we support and will follow Porchlight Safeguarding Policy and procedures
Our safeguarding policies and procedures ensure that robust systems are in place and set out the framework within which all employees and volunteers of Porchlight are required to work to keep children, young people and adults safe. They are therefore able to respond appropriately to any safeguarding concerns.
Within the organisation we have the following in place that demonstrates the robust framework in which we work:
• Safeguarding policies and procedures
• Board responsibility for safeguarding within the organisation
• A safeguarding lead
• A safeguarding strategic plan written by the safeguarding lead
• Designated safeguarding leads within every project and service
• Links with external safeguarding teams
• Mandatory safeguarding training
• External safeguarding training
• Safeguarding and clinical supervision.
The Modern Slavery Act
Porchlight is completely committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in all of its activities.
We demonstrate this by displaying the section 54 statement of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and ensuring our commitment is emphasised in our employee training programmes, policies and procedures and awareness raising throughout our service user networks.