Community Mental Health & Housing Support Worker (PL838)
Location: South Kent Coast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,278 - £22,897 gross per annum
Closing date: 9am Monday 17 June
Because like you, we’re dedicated to changing attitudes and changing lives.
Porchlight is a charity that helps people who have nowhere to go and no-one to turn to. Some are homeless and need our help to escape the streets and rebuild their lives. Others are struggling to cope with different pressures in their life and need our support to keep on track.
Porchlight works with around 5,000 people each year. We help them with homelessness, housing, education and employment, and their health and wellbeing. We are striving for a fairer society where vulnerable people find stability, the most excluded are included, and where homelessness and poverty are things of the past.
You will be based in the community, supporting vulnerable people who are at risk of becoming homeless. You will do this by helping them address issues that could lead to the loss of their home.
These issues could be related to mental health, difficulty accessing benefits, money management, employment or relationships with landlords. You will offer advice and guidance about the ways that Porchlight and other specialist services can help. You may also be required to liaise with councils and health professionals on their behalf.
This role requires:
- Good communication and people skills.
- The ability to handle several cases at once.
- Experience of supporting people with mental health needs and/or housing-related issues (if you don’t have direct experience of this but have skills in a similar field, we would still like to hear from you).
- Experience of working with statutory and voluntary agencies (if you don’t have direct experience of this but have skills in a similar field, we would still like to hear from you)
- A full driving license and access to a car (subject to the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and Equality Act 2010).
When starting in the role, you will receive comprehensive training and mentoring.
- Flexible working hours (such as the ability to work from home)
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service) plus bank holidays
- Annual salary increments
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Opportunity for career progression
- Free life insurance
- Porchlight pension scheme
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Ashley Kirkpatrick on 07825 606 189
Porchlight is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact our HR assistant Daniella Sherriff on 01227 760078 (option 3) or email email@example.com.