Join us in the kitchen and feed our clients
Help to make hot meals for people attending our meet-ups.
We serve food and drink at the meet-ups, places where anyone can go to make friends and get advice for issues they’re facing (such as homelessness, housing problems or poor mental health).
Food brings people together. By preparing and serving healthy meals, you’ll be helping people who can feel anxious about attending to feel at ease.
You’ll work with other volunteers in the kitchen to provide the food and refreshments. You will ensure the food is made to a high standard and that the kitchen is left tidy. There will be an opportunity to study towards a level 2 certificate in food hygiene.
This role is perfect for someone who has professional kitchen experience and wants to help others. If you’re passionate about cooking and helping people get to where they want to be in life, we want to hear from you.
What we need from you
- A friendly and welcoming demeanour
- A positive and adaptable approach to working with people
- Good communication skills and the ability to influence other
- The ability to commit to volunteering once a week
- A commitment to confidentiality when dealing with sensitive subjects
- Two references will be required
- Canterbury (Mondays, 11am – 2pm)
- Dover (Tuesdays, 1pm – 3pm)
- Folkestone (Thursdays, 1pm – 3pm)
- Margate (Wednesdays, 9.30am – 11.30am and 12.30pm – 2.30pm)
To apply for this role please download and complete our application form and email it to email@example.com
The benefits of volunteering
You’ll have the chance to develop your skills and gain valuable work experience as part of a friendly team in a reputable charity. As a Porchlight volunteer, you can access any relevant courses in our training programme and you will also receive full travel expenses and be provided with any equipment needed to carry out this role.