Be a lifeline to people in need
We are passionate about helping vulnerable people to reach their full potential. We strive for a fairer society where vulnerable people find stability, the most excluded are included, and where homelessness and poverty are things of the past.
We're looking for volunteers to join our helpline team. Be the voice on the end of the phone providing support, empathy and reminding callers that someone still cares about them.
You will give them advice related to homelessness and housing, and ensure they know where to turn for any other issues they are facing (such as mental health). Being a helpline volunteer involves:
- Answering calls to our helpline and giving advice to callers
- Taking referrals and adding them to our caller database
- Helping to maintain waiting lists for Porchlight accommodation
- Calling people who have used our services so they can give us helpful feedback
- Liaising between people we support, Porchlight staff and other agencies.
What we need from you
- Good communication skills – you must have a professional yet friendly telephone manner
- Attention to detail and good IT skills
- Knowledge around housing and homelessness would be an advantage but is not essential
- Two references will be required
- A full DBS will be sought
A full induction and specific training will be provided to prepare you for this important role.
The benefits of volunteering
- Develop key skills and valuable experience of the homelessness sector within a dynamic, positive, friendly and supportive environment
- Access to relevant training courses run at Porchlight
- The opportunity to gain a formal certificate in mentoring
- A professional reference for future work / study / volunteering opportunities
- Make a significant contribution to someone moving forward with their lives
- Invaluable work experience