Administration support volunteer
Help our LGBT+ service to run smoothly
Role available in Ashford
The BeYou Project is our service for LGBT+ young people. You will provide administration support to assist our work with the LGBT+ community.
Our volunteer programme
We’re looking for someone who can give up a few hours each week to assist our BeYou team with administrative duties (ideally between 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday). This will involve:
- Responding to emails and phone calls
- Assisting with the volunteer recruitment process
- Maintaining our database
- Typing up minutes from team meetings
- Supporting the team with any ad hoc administration.
This role would suit somebody who is passionate about helping others.
What we need from you
- A keen eye for detail and good administrative skills (or the willingness to develop them)
- Good communication skills - whether by email or phone
- Flexibility and a positive attitude
- The ability to commit to this role for at least six months
- We ask that volunteers undergo some training (provided by Porchlight)
- Two references will be required and a DBS check will be undertaken
Benefits for you as a volunteer
- You can help young people gain the confidence to move forward with their lives
- You’ll receive training for the role
- You will gain valuable experience of supporting young people
- We will provide a reference for future work, study and