Social media volunteer
Help grow our reach through social media
We are passionate about helping vulnerable people to reach their full potential. We strive for a fairer society where vulnerable people find stability, the most excluded are included, and where homelessness and poverty are things of the past.
We’re offering an exciting opportunity to join us as a part-time social media volunteer.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic creative who wants to use their skills to make a real difference to people’s lives. Working as part of a busy team, you will help us engage with our audiences online and raise awareness of our work as Kent’s leading homelessness charity.
You'll be working with the communications team to help spread our message, grow our audience and make a bigger impact on homeless and vulnerable people in Kent:
- Sourcing and producing engaging content to grow our social following
- Helping to develop the charity’s social media plan
- Using analytics tools to monitor and report post insights
- Developing content in line with the charity’s brand identity (training will be given)
- Connecting with relevant organisations, influencers and events by engaging with their content
The role is home based with the option to work from our offices in Canterbury when they reopen.
What we need from you
- An interest in social care, specifically the homelessness and mental health sectors
- Experience in growing social audiences
- Good clear communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in video editing and design programmes (such as Adobe suite)
Home based while restrictions are in place, then flexible between home based and Canterbury office.
To apply for this role please download and complete our application form and email it back to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The benefits of volunteering
You’ll have the chance to develop your skills and gain valuable work experience as part of a friendly charity communications team. As a Porchlight volunteer you can access any relevant courses in our training programme and you will also receive full travel expenses.