Walking group volunteer
Help people get out and about in Dover
Join our weekly ‘get active’ group and help people improve their mental and physical health.
Activities like walking groups bring people together. They allow those who have experienced homelessness or poor mental health, or are struggling in another area of their life, to meet others and feel less isolated. It’s also a chance for them to open up about their experiences.
You’ll join our weekly walk in and around Dover, helping our clients to grow in confidence and improve their wellbeing.
This role is a way to make a big difference to others. If you’re passionate about giving people the chance to rebuild the confidence, improve their self-esteem and get to where they want to be in life, we want to hear from you.
Dover (Wednesdays, 9.30am – 11.30am)
What we need from you
- A friendly and welcoming demeanour
- A positive and adaptable approach to working with people
- A commitment to confidentiality when dealing with sensitive subjects
A full induction and training will be provided to prepare you for the role. You’ll also be able to attend team meetings and shadow Porchlight staff to gain more knowledge about the work we do.
Benefits for you volunteering
- Develop skills and experience of the homelessness sector in a positive, friendly and supportive environment
- Access to relevant training courses run at Porchlight
- A professional reference for future work / study / volunteering opportunities
- Make a significant contribution to supporting people to move forward with their lives