Jobs, education and training
We believe employment is the best route out of poverty and homelessness.
That's why our jobs, education and training service is at the heart of everything we do at Porchlight. We help young people to raise their aspirations and believe in themselves so that they can develop the confidence and the skills to change their lives for the better.
We know that with the right support, people can thrive.
What we offer
- Support to improve literacy, numeracy and IT skills, and access to formal education including university taster sessions
- A weekly activities programme, including music and arts workshops, encouraging people to try new things so that they can start to gain structure and routine in their lives
- Life skills, including cooking and healthy eating, money management, and maintaining a tenancy to help people move towards independence
- Access to sports activities to help our service users feel healthier and more positive about themselves
- Residential programmes that open people up to completely new experiences, encouraging them to push themselves to achieve their goals by working as part of a team and focusing on the choices they make in life
- An award winning Workwise programme which helps people find job vacancies, create CVs and prepare for interviews. We work with local businesses which create paid and voluntary roles for our service users, allowing them to ease back into working life whilst still receiving support from us.
StreetGames brings sport to the doorstep of young people in disadvantaged communities across the UK. Porchlight, in partnership with Active Life, has been a Doorstep Sports Club provider since October 2014.Read more