Set up a Virgin Money Giving page
Setting up an online fundraising page is the easiest way to collect donations and sponsorship and saves you the effort of chasing people for cash after the event.
Setting up your page is easy and free! You can show your supporters what you’re getting up to with photos, progress reports and a thermometer to measure how near your target you are.
The proceeds will be sent directly to Porchlight and if your sponsors are tax payers, Gift Aid will also be automatically collected, adding 25p to every £1 donated.
Set up your own fundraising page today
- Set up your VMG page – choose Porchlight as your charity
- Personalise your page
- Share it with your family, friends and colleagues.
- Start fundraising!
- Ask close friends and family members to sponsor you first because other people will be encouraged to match their generosity!
- Set yourself a target to motivate yourself and encourage your supporters.
- Send a follow up email and re-share the link a couple of weeks later (and after pay day!) to remind people to sponsor you.
- Ask your employer if you can include the link in your email signature at work.
- Update your page with photos and let people know how the preparations are going.
- You can still ask people to sponsor you after the event has happened!