Why work for Porchlight?
We're working towards a fairer society where everybody has a safe place to call home and the chance to make a positive contribution.
- You’ll be empowering homeless, vulnerable and isolated people. Jobs don’t get much more varied or meaningful than this.
- We're a highly innovative organisation and we're always keen to hear your ideas about how we can improve.
- You’ll find that your manager is less of a ‘boss’ and more of a coach: they'll support and encourage you to achieve your best and will recognise the contribution you make.
- We invest in the professional development of our staff.
- We only recruit the very best so you’ll find your colleagues are just as enthusiastic and effective as you are.
- We employ a significant number of people who have experience of homelessness and we know that our services are stronger for this unique perspective.
Porchlight is an equal opportunities employer. This means that no applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Our employees also receive a very generous pay and benefits package, which includes:
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Flexible working
- Occupational maternity and maternity support pay
- Occupational sick pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Staff loans
- Life assurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Sponsorship for professional qualifications
- Health care support
- Childcare vouchers