Fundraising events volunteer
Help us run fundraising events and cheer on our supporters
Role available across Kent
We are passionate about helping vulnerable people to reach their full potential. We strive for a fairer society where vulnerable people find stability, the most excluded are included, and where homelessness and poverty are things of the past.
Help us change lives by supporting people who are doing Porchlight charity challenges - from fun runs to sponsored sleep outs - throughout the year. This could involve:
- cheering on people who are doing sporting challenges (running and other sporting events)
- providing administrative support at Porchlight events (counting leaflets, making name badges, photocopying important documents)
- helping to run events on the day (welcoming people, making sure they are registered, giving directions and providing general assistance to our fundraising team)
- Handling collection buckets / tins at certain events
This is a fun role which allow you to meet others, develop fundraising skills, and make a big difference to the lives of vulnerable and homeless people in Kent.
What we need from you
- No previous experience is required
- Enthusiasm about our work to help people experiencing homelessness and poverty
- The ability to represent in a professional way
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail, neatness, and accuracy
- Two reference will be required
An induction and training will be provided.
The benefits of volunteering
- Develop skills and experience of the charity sector in a friendly and supportive environment
- Access to relevant training courses run at Porchlight
- The opportunity to gain a formal certificate in mentoring
- A professional reference for future work / study / volunteering opportunities
- Make a significant contribution to people moving forward with their lives