If you're homeless, or at risk of losing your home we can help by giving you practical advice and support. We won't make judgements, and what we discuss will remain confidential.
We can help you with:
- Advice on paying rent and liaising with landlords
- Debt or if you are being chased by loan sharks
- What to do if you're unable to pay for food
- Money management – advice on budgeting, rent payment, bill payment
- Benefits: how to make new claims, changes to your claim, or challenge a decision
- Putting you in touch with the right people quickly and smoothly (if you're looking for a financial advisor or debt counsellor)
Porchlight is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all those we support. Read more.
Help from other organisations or if you're in crisis
If you can't find help near you, the link below can direct you to another organisation who may be able to help.
If you're unsure who to contact, you can call us on our free helpline – 0800 567 7699 – which is open 24/7.
Go to the Money Advice Service website
Drop into a community hub
Once you have been referred to Porchlight, a member of our team will work with you to provide advice and support relevant to you.
You can get help with housing and homelessness. There is also support with money matters, mental health and wellbeing, work, learning and skills.
Call us on 0800 567 7699 or email us here to find out more.
We also offer a range of specialist services, including:
We deliver a family support service in south and east Kent on behalf of Kent County Council. We work with families to help them stay safe and manage any difficulties they might be facing.
The local community can be a vital support network for people of any age. Helping young people connect more closely to theirs is a big part of what our family services do.
Call us on 0800 567 7699 or click here to find out more.