We can guide you with practical money advice and support
If you're homeless, at risk of losing your home, or you’re struggling with your mental health, we can help with practical advice and support.
We can help you with a range of things to do with money and benefits. We won't make judgements, and we respect your confidentiality:
- Advice on paying rent and liaising with landlords
- Debt or if you are being chased by loan sharks
- What to do if you're unable to pay for food
- Money management – advice on budgeting, rent payment, bill payment
- Benefits: how to make new claims, changes to your claim, or challenge a decision
- Putting you in touch with the right people quickly and smoothly (if you're looking for a financial advisor or debt counsellor)
Porchlight is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all those we support. Read more.
We also offer a range of specialist services, including:
If you are in emotional distress
Life can get tough sometimes, but talking can help.
The Release the Pressure team in Kent is available 24/7. They provide urgent support with trained counsellors who will listen, no matter what you are going through. You can text the word KENT to 85258 or call 0800 107 0160