Welcome to our new website
Now it's easier for people who are homeless to get help
Our new website makes it easier for homeless and vulnerable people in Kent to find help.
It has been created with support from people who use Porchlight's services. With their input, we've designed a new layout that enables people to find the help they need more easily.
It is also simpler for the public to get involved by signing up for a fundraising event, volunteering or donating money to help fund life-changing services.
"Homelessness continues to be a major issue here in Kent, but this new site will allow us to reach more people who have nowhere to go and no one to turn to," explains Porchlight's director of fundraising and communications Jo Dawes.
"We're helping more people than ever off the streets, but there is so much more to be done. The new website will help us in our work by letting homeless and vulnerable people know that support is out there and that they haven't been forgotten."
Some of the improved features include:
- Better functionality on mobile devices (rough sleepers do sometimes access online support via mobile phone)
- Better navigation to help people search for support more easily
- More real-life stories from people supported by Porchlight
- Greater insight into the difference we're making to thousands of homeless and vulnerable people in Kent
- New information for the professionals who work in partnership with us to support vulnerable people.
The new website has already received positive feedback, and there are plans to build more new features in the future.