Work, health, learning and skills services
Work, health, learning and skills
Our experience shows that employment is the best route out of poverty and homelessness
That's why our jobs, education and training service is at the heart of everything we do at Porchlight. We help people to raise their aspirations and believe in themselves so that they can develop the confidence and the skills to move into employment and education.
- Support to improve literacy, numeracy and IT skills, and access to formal education including university taster sessions
- A weekly activities programme, including music and arts workshops, encouraging people to try new things so that they can start to gain structure and routine in their lives
- Life skills, including cooking and healthy eating, money management, and maintaining a tenancy to help people move towards independence
- Access to sports activities to help our service users feel healthier and more positive about themselves
- An award winning Workwise programme which helps people find job vacancies, create CVs and prepare for interviews. We work with local businesses which create paid and voluntary roles for our service users, allowing them to ease back into working life whilst still receiving support from us.
- Supporting vulnerable people in the community experiencing loneliness and isolation.
- Live Well Kent is a service to help people improve their mental health and wellbeing which includes support for people to get better skills or find a job. It is a free service run in partnership with Kent County Council and clinical commissioning groups.
- Aspirations is a free Porchlight service available for people who are unemployed in Kent and East Sussex that can help if they feel that their mental health is standing in their way.